Get APICS Certified candidates, Post your open positions here for all to see.
Solution Optimization Specialist 3/4
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Job ID: IRC98200
What You Will Do
This position will be filled at either the Procurement Systems Analyst 3 or 4 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if the candidate is hired at the higher level.
Procurement at LANL is rapidly transforming to deliver world-class service and value to our stakeholders and taxpayers. We execute our mission through best-practices and strategic processes including category management, supplier management and efficient compliance. We partner with our supply chain promoting continuous improvement and innovation while remaining constantly focused on safety, quality, and security. We are steadfast in respecting intellectual curiosity, transparency, teamwork and transactional efficiency.
The Acquisition Services Management (ASM) Division is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to help support our software portfolio, including SAP Ariba and Fieldglass.
Solution Optimization Specialist 3 (Procurement Systems Analyst 3) $94,100 – $155,700
The selected candidate will use advanced analytical skills to improve the procurement lifecycle process through the identification of business process improvement opportunities, implementation of innovative software solutions and advanced techniques to deliver operational reporting and spend analytics to the organization. The Solution Optimization Specialist 3 will work collaboratively with all ASM organizations and other laboratory stakeholders, leveraging the full resources of the ASM software portfolio to realize planned benefits. The Solution Optimization Specialist 3 performs the following:
• Applies skills in business management, project management, process design and a commitment to solution adoption to continually measure the value and benefits received from the source-to-pay solutions
• Maintains a backlog of new functionality and features to be introduced to the system through quarterly releases, including an estimate of the expected business benefits
• Reviews releases of quarterly updates ASM software platforms to identify features and functions and incorporate into LANL business processes based on planned quarterly release dates
• Partners with ASM and external stakeholders to define requirements for software optimization
• Clearly documents requirements for software changes for Software support teams and maintain internal playbooks representing configurations
• Coordinates and creates Service Requests (SRs) for escalated support with software vendors
• Acts as a Customer Administrator for Cloud Platform products
• Provides expertise at a functional level on any integration conflicts or challenges associated with adopting new features and functions
• Utilizes available support tools, documentation, and available training to learn new skills and provide configuration expertise on ASM software
• Optimizes business processes utilizing business process mapping and software solution design
• Partners with cybersecurity offices to document and identify risks associated with proposed software changes to gains approvals as needed
• Leads internal implementation teams for multi-stakeholder, multi-milestone, project level initiatives within the Solution Optimization portfolio
Solution Optimization Specialist 4 (Procurement System Analyst 4) $103,500 – $172,800
• In addition to what was outlined above, the Solution Optimization 4 job duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Works on unusually significant, unique, or complex issues and provide solutions that are highly creative
• Works with ASM staff and others to conduct high-level investigations for strategy and feasibility studies, as well as cross-organizational improvement initiatives
• Contributes to the development of new methods and provide leadership for solution design sessions
• Leads implementation teams for multi-stakeholder, multi-milestone, project level initiatives, including one or more external vendor teams
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Demonstrated experience in configuration, administration and design of on-premise or cloud software systems
• Excellent analytical skills to assess business problems and identify technology opportunities
• Experience delivering business reporting objectives in an enterprise platform, including data analysis and design and dashboard design and creation
• Demonstrated knowledge of various reporting tools and strategies
• Advanced experience of business process mapping and process improvement strategies
• Demonstrated experience in developing software configuration documentation
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of personnel and customers
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate through verbal communication in a wide variety of settings and with both internal and external customers of varying professional levels
Additional Job Requirements for Procurement System Analyst 4:
In addition to the requirements outlined above, qualification at the higher level requ i res:
• Demonstrated experience developing advanced business solution optimizations
• Demonstrated experience managing projects or small teams
• Demonstrated experience with project management tools
• Demonstrated experience developing business case, feasibility studies or architectural diagrams
Procurement Systems Analyst 3 Education/Experience :Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 8 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience directly.
Procurement Systems Analyst 4 Education/Experience :Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 12 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience with SAP Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, DocuSign or CertFocus
• Demonstrated experience providing direction and oversight on high value supplier contracts for either software subscriptions or consulting services
• Demonstrated experience with Jira tools for configuration management
• Demonstrated experience implementing analytics and operational reporting within SAP Ariba or other ERP tools
• Basic understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations and their application.
• General knowledge of procurement processes, including Supplier Management, Sourcing, Contracting, Buying and Invoicing
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment with numerous deadlines and expectations
Location: This position will be located in Los Alamos with the potential for a hybrid work arrangement (partially onsite/partially offsite) from a location within 2 hours ground commute of this location. Reporting onsite will be periodically required. Hybrid is at the discretion of management and can change at any time with appropriate notice.
COVID Vaccine :
The COVID vaccine is mandatory for all Laboratory employees, on-site contractors, and on-site subcontractors unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to those working on-site, those teleworking, and all new hires.
Position commitment: Regular appointment employees are required to serve a period of continuous service in their current position in order to be eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the time required, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. The position commitment for this position is 1 year.
Note to Applicants:
Please provide a comprehensive cover letter addressing all required and desired skills and your qualifications toward them.
Essential Job Functions (can perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
Work Environment: http://int.lanl.gov/employees/staffing-guidance/hr-process-guide/hiring-process/posting-a-job/requirements.shtml
Where You Will Work
Located in beautiful northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our generous benefits package includes:
§ PPO or High Deductible medical insurance with the same large nationwide network
§ Dental and vision insurance
§ Free basic life and disability insurance
§ Paid childbirth and parental leave
§ Award-winning 401(k) (6% matching plus 3.5% annually)
§ Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
§ Flexible schedules and time off (paid sick, vacation, and holidays)
§ Onsite gyms and wellness programs
§ Extensive relocation packages (outside a 50 mile radius)
Directive 206.2 – Employment with Triad requires a favorable decision by NNSA indicating employee is suitable under NNSA Supplemental Directive 206.2 . Please note that this requirement applies only to citizens of the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to a similar requirement under DOE Order 142.3A.
Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
• for access to classified matter. This position requires a Q clearance which requires US Citizenship except in extremely rare circumstances. Dependent upon position, additional authorization to access nuclear weapons information may be required that may or may not be available to dual citizens depending upon the circumstances.
• Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information.
New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Regular position: Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to regular status.
Internal Applicants: Regular appointment employees who have served the required period of continuous service in their current position are eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the required period of continuous service, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. Please refer to Policy Policy P701 for applicant eligibility requirements.
Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Employment Status – Full Time
Appointment Type – Regular
Contact Name Fresquez, Nyleen Kathryn
Vacancy Name: IRC98200
Organization Name ASM-COE/Acquisition Services Management Center of Excellence
Req ID: IRC98200
Production Manager- Materion
5941 Midway Park Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
The Production Manager is a strategic partner in manufacturing operations, reporting directly to the Plant Manager, with responsibility for leading the manufacturing group to achieve required business results. This position is directly responsible for the Gross Margin profitability, safety, quality, delivery, cost, supervision, and employees. The Production Manager provides leadership guidance that ensures product scheduling, planning, materials, sourcing, and logistics functions are effective in enabling the operation to achieve customer focused and financial goals; while driving and improving work ethic, team morale and team participation. The Production Manager drives the implementation of Lean best practices and is ultimately responsible for eliminating waste and improving flow throughout operations and manufacturing.
You Will Have the Opportunity to
Ensure safe, high quality, and on time production occurs daily
Develop and participate in continuous improvement programs as related to Production and Production Control management
Build strong alliances across all functions and will be a strategic liaison to internal/external suppliers, customers, and partners with R&D and Quality to successfully manage the introduction of new products to manufacturing
Mentor and develop direct reports and entire operations team and actively participates with, encourages, and leads all members to improved levels of work ethic, morale, and productivity while meeting or achieving internal and external customer expectations.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bachelor’s degree, prefer Engineering or Chemistry
Prefer minimum 10 years management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, chemical processing or semiconductors
Location: 5941 Midway Park Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109, USA
Job Type: Full-time
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Apply on Indeed